. . . to this site and to the amazing and fantastical world of Zentangle®.
My name is Rachel O’Callaghan and I am a Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT).
So what is Zentangle?
“Zentangle is an easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns. Almost anyone can use it to create beautiful images. It increases focus and creativity, provides artistic satisfaction along with an increased sense of personal well being. The Zentangle Method is enjoyed all over this world across a wide range of skills, interests and ages“, explains Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, the founders of Zentangle, started back in 2004 with a community which is constantly growing year on year and is stronger than ever before.
Is it for me . . . I can’t draw?
Yes, most definitely. It’s open to everyone, including you, and that’s what is so wonderful about it. You do not need to be an accomplished or up and coming artist, although if you are, you would also be most welcome, as just some of the many benefits of creating tangles are:
- having fun and being creative;
- drawing in a mindful way, one stroke at a time, helping to calm your mind and bring you right back in to the present moment;
- meeting like-minded others and becoming part of a really supportive and creative community;
- having some dedicated ‘me’ time away from all of life’s distractions;
- playing with fabulous pens and beautifully soft and luxurious paper;
All resulting in creating something that is truly unique and wonderful just for you!